Ashampoo® FireWall FREE
Heavy-duty Protection for Everyone
Full protection without confusing jargon
You probably know that you need a firewall program to use the Internet safely. In addition to protecting you against attacks from the Internet, a good firewall will also tell you when programs installed on your computer are trying to phone home and enable you to prevent them from doing it. This is something that Windows® own firewall doesn’t do, and it’s essential for identifying and stopping the activities of many malicious virus and spyware programs. For example, this enables you to prevent your computer from being turned into a “zombie” controlled by spammers or destructive hackers.
Small and efficient instead of big and confusing
If you don’t have a degree in computer science, using a firewall program can be quite frustrating. In addition to all the confusing jargon, current firewalls are getting to be very big programs. Sometimes you have the feeling that you’re installing an entire office suite instead of a basic network tool.
The brand-new Ashampoo FireWall FREE is different. Its Configuration Assistant guides you through every step of the simple setup process. And Easy Mode makes using it a breeze – you don’t need any special technical knowledge and everything is explained clearly.
Ashampoo FireWall FREE is also amazingly compact. Even with its four additional security tools it’s a tiny program that uses very little memory and computer resources. You get the heavy-duty protection without heavyweight overload on your system.
Self-explanatory user interface
Ashampoo has years of experience in making programs simple to use. The Ashampoo FireWall FREE user interface explains itself, every step of the way. The information is right there on the screen where you need it, so that most users will never need to consult the help. But detailed help is also there when you need it.
Activate expert features if you need them
This doesn’t mean that Ashampoo FireWall FREE is a lightweight program. On the contrary, it has a full range of expert features if you want to use them – just activate Expert Mode and you’re ready to go.
For example, in Expert Mode you can create detailed rules for every program, specifying exactly which ports and which types of connections you want to let it use.
Experienced users can also monitor both local area network connections and the internal connections inside your own computer. You also get detailed information on all your computer’s internal, LAN and external connections and communications settings and statistics, updated continuously at user-defined intervals.
Features at a glance
Features and tools:
* Heavy-duty firewall protection: Monitors all your computer%27s network activity and protects you against both incoming and outgoing connections.
* Easy Mode: Get full protection in seconds with Easy Mode and the Configuration Assistant. No expert knowledge required.
* Expert Mode: Experience users can activate this mode for powerful additional capabilities.
* Simple and compact: Self-explanatory user interface. Very small program that uses minimum memory and resources.
* Learning Mode: Automatically identifies programs that try to make connections and lets you decide whether you want to allow them. One-click operation in Easy Mode or full configuration in Expert Mode.
* Rules: Create rules for every program that controls how they can access the network. One-click in Easy Mode or full configuration in Expert Mode.
* Block All: One-click panic button for emergencies that lets you block all traffic, for example if you are under attack or suspect that a malicious program is active.
(Ashampoo® FireWall FREE Downloads)
Dear visitor, you went to the site as unregistered user. We encourage you to register or enter the site under your name.